(336) 274-4788 [email protected]


Q: How long does it take for the IRS to accept a tax return?
You should be able to check the status of your tax refund roughly 72 hours after your receive confirmation form the IRS that they have received your tax refund via EFile. You will need to wait at least 3 weeks if you mailed in your tax return.Jan 9, 2017
Q: How much do you have to make before you have to file taxes?
When determining whether you need to file a return, you don’t include tax-exempt income. In 2016 for example, if you are under age 65 and single, you must file a tax return if you earn $10,350 or more, which is the sum of the 2016 standard deduction for a single taxpayer plus one exemption.
Q: Do I have to file taxes if I did not work?

Even if you earned income last year, if it falls below the IRS minimum you don’t have to file a tax return. The minimum varies according to your age and filing status — whether you are single, head of household, filing jointly with your spouse or you canbe claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes.

Q: Do you have to file a tax return if you don't owe money?

The IRS has general filing requirements for most taxpayers. Even if no tax is owed, most people file a return if their gross income is more than the sum of the standard deduction and a personal exemption. The standard deduction amount you can take will depend on your filing status and age.

Q: What is an Enrolled Agent?
A: Enrolled Agents are tax professionals licensed to represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent designation dates back to 1884. Many Taxpayers were victimized by unscrupulous representative when claiming losses in post Civil War days. Congress recognized a need to regulate individuals representing citizens dealing with the Treasury Department and create the Enrolled Agent credential. Today, Enrolled Agents assist taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.
Q: How can an Enrolled Agent help me?
A: They prepare tax returns, answer questions regarding national, state, and local tax laws as well as represent taxpayers in disputes with state and the IRS.
Q: How else can an Enrolled Agent benefit me?
A: They provide tax assistance for estates, trusts, partnerships, corporations and other entities that are required to report taxes.
Q: How are Enrolled Agents different from other tax practitioners?
A: They are required to demonstrate their competence in tax matters before they represent a taxpayer before the IRS.
Q: Do all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation?
A: Yes
Q: Who gives Enrolled Agents the authority to represent taxpayers before the IRS?
A: They receive their authority from the federal government instead of the state governments.
Q: Are Enrolled Agents required to renew their licensing?
A: Yes. They must complete 72 hours of continuing professional education every three years to maintain their status.
Q: Couldn’t an Attorney or CPA represent me before the IRS?
A: It depends. CPAs and Attorneys are licensed by their states and are limited in representation to those states in which they are licensed. They don’t always specialize in taxes. Enrolled agents on the other hand can practice in all 50 states and all U.S. territories. Enrolled Agents do specialize in taxes.
Q: Where my I obtain additional information about Enrolled Agents?
A: For more information on Enrolled Agents go to: http://www.naea.org